Bareback Riding at the 2016 Stonyford Rodeo Photo by D. Jensen
Rodeo tickets will be available later--click here.
74th Annual Stonyford Rodeo
Our 74th year for Stonyford's annual PCRA rodeo will be May 6 and 7, 2017. It's two days of rodeo excitement. The first day is on Saturday May 6, 2017. The day begins with breakfast, followed by a charming little parade through town, then the rodeo at 1:00 p.m. The second day's events begin at noon on Sunday, May 7, 2017.
All tickets are general admission (except VIP top row and Box Seats tickets). General Admission seating is first-come, first-serve. So, you will need to get to the area early to get the seats that you want.
To be placed on a waiting list for Box seats, or VIP seats contact Barbara at (530) 963-3197.
Tickets are available at the following locations:
- Stonyford General Store, Stonyford
- Carl's Feed, Willows
- Boot Barn, Chico, Anderson & Yuba City
- Bucke's Feed & Grain, Orland
- Marie's Lakeshore Feed, Clearlake
- Rainbow Ag, Lakeport
- Mendocino Co. Farm Supply, Ukiah
- Ace Hardware, Arbuckle
- AgriSource (Parts Dept.), Maxwell
- Hust Bros., Colusa (formerly, Colusa Motor Sales)
Plenty of free parking.
Don Jesser is our announcer. Don has been announcing at Stonyford for the past 26 years. His wife, Anita, is our sound engineer. Go here to read more about Don and Anita.
Barrelman & Specialty Act
Dusty Barrett is a champion Saddle Bronc Rider who quit competing in 1998 to start clowning. He is the oldest grandson of the long time rodeo clown and entertainer Dick "Old Man" Barrett. Now with his animal acts such as his Roman Riding Ponies, Trick Riding Pony, and "Squirt Gun" the trick pony, he is one of the up and coming great specialty performers in Rodeo today. Go here for more information.
Sunday Morning Church
To be announced.
News articles promoting the Stonyford Rodeo are released to Northern California news media starting in late February. 2016 Rodeo articles are listed below. Click on the article to view and/or download a copy to your computer.
- Stonyford Rodeo Workday
- Stonyford Rodeo Queen Contest Open
- Stonyford Rodeo
- Stonyford Rodeo Queen Contestants
- Dynamic Duo Personifies Rodeo at Stonyford’s 73rd Annual Event
- Only a few days left to get reduced-price tickets
Comments and Feedback
Please use the Contact (top or right) link to leave us your comments and/or feedback, as they are very much appreciated and will help us improve the rodeo and this web site.
- From the south: Take Interstate 5 and exit at Maxwell (approximately 80 miles north of Sacramento), and follow the signs for East Park Reservoir and Stonyford. Stonyford is approximately 28 miles from Maxwell at an elevation of 1200 feet. Go here for a map.
- From the north: Take Interstate 5 and exit on SR162 at Willows. Turn right at the end of the exit ramp and follow SR162 to Elk Creek. After crossing Stony Creek, turn left and follow the signs to Stonyford.
- The address is 5104 East Park Road, Stonyford, CA 95979.